Usa Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a merit-based scholarship program that provides grants to students and young professionals from abroad to conduct research, study or teach in the United States.
You can apply for this program if you are:
• A citizen of a foreign country who has demonstrated academic achievement and leadership potential
• At least 18 years old, but not yet 40 years old as of July 1st in the year you will be entering the U.S.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in your home country (or have graduated within the past year) AND planning to enroll in a graduate program at an accredited U.S. institution before July 1st
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. This is a team effort between the FCO, British embassies and high commissions throughout the world and UK universities.
Chevening Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost awards for outstanding international students seeking to study in a UK university. They support individuals who have outstanding academic records as they prepare to become future leaders across business, diplomacy, science or academia..
Boren Awards for International Study
Boren Awards for International Study is a scholarship program of the National Security Education Program (NSEP), which focuses on geographic areas, languages and fields of study deemed critical to U.S. national security. Boren Scholarships provide up to $20,000 for one academic year of graduate-level studies at an accredited institution in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Georgia (country), Ghana, Greece (country), India (country), Indonesia (country), Kazakhstan Kenya Liberia Moldova Mongolia Morocco Nepal Nigeria Pakistan Philippines Poland Romania Russia Serbia South Africa South Korea Taiwan Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom Vietnam
Please note that many universities have additional requirements: they might require you to take a TOEFL exam or submit SAT/ACT scores. You should also contact each university directly to obtain information about their application deadlines and other requirements.
Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program
Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program is a program that offers fellowships to students who wish to advance their education while also contributing to their communities. The Ford Foundation offers many awards, including those for researchers, writers and artists.
The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program is open to Nigerians who are applying for graduate studies at any university in the United States or Canada. To qualify for this scholarship program, you must be:
- A citizen of Nigeria
- At least 21 years old by December 31st of the year you’re applying (you must be between 19-30 years old)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at a Nigerian university
Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF)
The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) is a non-profit organization that provides financial support to job seekers and employers.
The LSETF aims to create employment opportunities for the residents of Lagos State through their various programs. They also advocate for youth empowerment, small and medium enterprises, women’s education, entrepreneurship development and financial inclusion in Nigeria.
Higher Life Foundation Scholarships
The Higher Life Foundation is an American non-profit organization that provides scholarships to students from low-income backgrounds. The foundation awards scholarships based on financial need, academic excellence and community service record.
The Higher Life Foundation offers the following types of scholarships:
- General Scholarship: This scholarship is available to international students who are between 18 and 25 years old. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria, Ghana or Kenya and should have strong academic background with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in their home country
Nigerian-American Leadership Council Education Fund (NALCEF) Scholarship
The Nigerian-American Leadership Council Education Fund (NALCEF) Scholarship is a scholarship program founded in 2005. It is awarded to undergraduate and graduate students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills, community service and financial need.
The NALCEF Scholarship Fund offers scholarships for Nigerian students who are interested in pursuing higher education in the United States of America. The fund was established by a group of Nigerian Americans from across the country with the objective of providing financial aid to Nigerian students who wish to study abroad but cannot afford it because of their economic status or lack thereof.
Scholarship applications are reviewed annually and the selected candidates are awarded up to $5,000 per year towards tuition fees at any accredited college or university in either America or Europe
Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2015-2016
The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) is a non-profit organization that aims to support young entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Africa. The program was founded by Tony Elumelu, a Nigerian businessman and philanthropist who is also the founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TELF), established in 2013.
It provides mentorship and funding for up to 100 students annually. Students must be between 18 and 35 years old, have at least three years work experience and be willing to set up a business in Nigeria or elsewhere in Africa within three years of graduation. They also need to have demonstrated leadership qualities through their previous employment experience or community service projects before applying for the scholarship program.
The TEEP Scholarship awards $50 000 USD per year over five years ($250 000 total) plus all tuition fees for an MBA programme at an accredited university anywhere around the world! There are also two additional awards: one worth $10 000 USD annually ($50 000 total) which covers half of tuition fees while another worth $5 000 USD annually ($25 000 total).
UK Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan 2015/2016 (CSC)
The United Kingdom (UK) Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan 2015/2016 (CSC) is a scholarship programme designed to provide opportunities for students from developing Commonwealth countries to study in the UK.
The scheme is open to students from the following countries: Bangladesh, Botswana, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Nationality – Applicants must be nationals of a Commonwealth country.
- Age – Applicants must be under 35 years old by 31 December 2024 or if graduating before then by 31 December 2024 with their final degree results due after 31 March 2024 but not later than 1 September 2024. For graduates applying through this scheme who have already completed postgraduate studies at home they are required complete an additional 2 years of postgraduate research in order to qualify for this scholarship award;
- Academic record – Grade point average (GPA) 3.2 out of 4 or above; CGPA 3.5 out of 5 or above; Good honours degree (at least Upper Second Class Honors). A pass grade does not qualify for this scholarship offer.; If you have passed more than one degree then we will assess your overall academic performance when considering your application.; In exceptional circumstances applicants may be considered whose GPA or CGPA do not meet these minimum requirements but have achieved significant academic qualifications that would otherwise merit consideration under these guidelines.; This does not include work experience gained during an undergraduate course leading directly into graduate study as part of their course requirement unless it was part of an officially-approved MSc degree course.; After acceptance onto this programme we will provide more information about how best integrate work experience into your PhD study plan and our advice on how best go about doing so effectively
Peter Sowerby Scholarship at Birkbeck University of London, UK, 2016
The Peter Sowerby Scholarship application is open to Nigerian students. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must:
- be an African national who has not yet been awarded a degree or substantial recognition in any discipline; and
- have applied or intend to apply for full-time study at Birkbeck University of London (BUL) .
USA Scholarships For Nigerian Students
There are plenty of opportunities for financial aid for Nigerians who want to study in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a great opportunity for you to study in the USA.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is an academic scholarship program that awards up to 1,000 U.S.-based students from abroad each year with funding and support from American universities, colleges, international groups and organizations, as well as corporations and business organizations that sponsor them. Students may be nominated by their home institution or chosen on their own merit after an application process conducted through their country’s embassy or consulate in America.